Monday, March 21, 2005
Monday, March 07, 2005
Last Soc Phl test! yay!!! Was hoping to spank it really hard in hopes of going out in big bang, but alas, will probably crash and burn in tragic-like manner of The Aviator. Hoping to rise again out of ashes as Pheonix and not get torn apart by sandstorm like Jared Padelecki in Flight of the Pheonix (haha, that's what you get for turning into major jerk and causing sweet Rori to be adulteress!)
From this last post you can probably tell some of my;
- The Format ~ esp. their song "Tune out"
- The Darkness *These guys will make your day, your week, your year!*
- Chocolate covered coffee beans
- Watching Gilmore Girls and laughing out loud
- Reading Bridget Jones before bed and laughing out loud
- Taking pictures of everything and putting them on my computer and using my photoshops to create excellent photowonders! Like these little guys!!! or, one girl and one guy.... They were outside my window today ;) PROOF that spring is here!!!
- Movies, movies and more movies!!!! Can't wait to see Phantom of the Opera, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Nothing like Johnny Depp and chocolate together for 2 hours ;)
- Carrrrrrrrs!!! :D Went to the car show in TO and took LOTS (!!!!!!) of pics with my fab digitalcamera! (Which my tres fab Beau gave me for Christmas ;) Thanks hunny) Drooled over the new Rolls Royce (aptly nicknamed JohnnyDeppmobile) my Chord was there, a couple sweet old and new Jags, new Aston Martin (oh baby!) the black and red Chevelle i would die to drive and I got to sit in the new Mustang and Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder (check it out Katie;) )
- The thought of making my own clothes designs... creative energy is anxious to express itself and stifled in order to go about school work that must be done! (But it is all good schoolwork, just a lot of it and stressful)
Latest fashion obsession:
- Cate Blanchette's dress at the oscars
- Ralph Lauren's 30's silk dresses
Some Kids Parables:
The Pen is mighter than..... the pigs
You get out of something what you ..... see is the picture on the box
You can lead a horse to water but ..... how?
Saturday, March 05, 2005
To a girl wearing a Coca-Cola t-shirt:
"You make a good Billboard"
About one's personality type:
"I think I'm an XXXX"
oooh more than triple x rated!!!
(I am an INFP according to the Kiersey Temperament Sorter, but when someone is close on 2 letters they are called an X. So if I was close on I & E, I would be XNFP. And, if I was close on N&S as well, I would be XXFP etc.)
last quote that made me laugh a gallstone:
"You seem to have a bit of gingivitis there, you may want to get that looked at"
Thursday, March 03, 2005
Hey everyone! I'm sure you are all anxious for Spring to come. The winter days are just getting to be too much. You don't have the motivation you once had. I came across this article and it gave some good ideas in ways I can get outside and relax in between studying :) So i thought i would pass that along and encourage you to do the same!
7 Great Outdoors Activities
By Raphael Calzadilla, BA, CPT, ACE
Can someone tell me what ever happened to the concept of just going outside, having some fun and burning calories? Ah yes, it’s called childhood.
Well, maybe it’s time to experience a little more of that. That being said, I’m providing a list of fun things to do in the great outdoors. You don’t have to commit to two-hour workouts, boring treadmill jaunts or even worry about your weight.
Just go out and burn some calories and have some fun.
1. Throw a Frisbee -- I know it’s cold and I know there’s snow on the ground in some parts of the country, but take 20 minutes and go outside with your spouse, friend or kids and just throw a Frisbee. So what if you leap into the snow?
2. Swing Away -- If you have younger kids, go out and push them on a swing. Try to get your whole body into it and push with the legs, hips, arms and shoulders. Keep it going for awhile and see how much stamina you have. Make a game of it and try to do 100 pushes. I’m sure your child will have fun with it too.
3. Cross Country Ski -- Cross country skiing is a real calorie burner and it’s lots of fun. It doesn’t require as much skill as downhill skiing, but it will get you sweating pretty quickly. It’s great to do with a group or even by yourself. Forty-five minutes of this activity will burn approximately 450 calories.
4. Snow Mobiling -- If you’ve never gone snow mobiling, you don’t know what you’re missing. This is so much fun and really exhilarating. Where else can you burn about 300 calories in an hour just sitting?
5. Biking -- With the onslaught of exercise machines, does anyone ride a bike outside anymore? Even a moderate 30-minute bike ride will burn about 250 calories. That adds up to a lot if you do it three to four days per week over the course of six months. You also get to see nature, as opposed to sitting and reading a magazine on your stationary bike.
6. Jumping Rope -- Don’t worry, I’m not going to tell you to do it for 20 minutes or perform 500 skips of the rope. Just go out in your yard and have some fun. See how long you can go at one stretch. Take a breather, and try again. Don’t overdo it, but when you feel done, just cool down a bit by walking for a few minutes. This one’s a big calorie burner!
7. Ice Skating -- I bet you haven’t done this since you were a kid. There are many outdoor rinks where you can bring the entire family. Don’t worry if you fall down a few times, you’ll get the hang of it again. You can burn about 400 calories in an hour and have a great time.
Now go out and have some fun.
Here are some of my suggestions!
8. Go for a run! Just do it!
9.Gather some friends to play soccer or throw a football (btw Ivory Tower, u still owe me one)
10. Shoot some hoops at the local pad ;)
11. Go for a walk with a friend, dog, or take a nice walk by yourself, perhaps to the corner store for a few 5 cent candies ;) Or bring your camera with you and be creative.
12. Walk to the coffee shop with a book.
13. Make a snowman!!!! And have a snowball fight! :D
14. If it gets warm enough to rain, GO OUTSIDE AND PUDDLE JUMP!!!! For goodness sake, i can't say that enough. It's one of the best stress releases you will ever experience! ;)
If anyone wants to do one of these, give me a call ;)